Ace Football previews the Champions League game between Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid who meet up this coming Tuesday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Atletico Madrid will visit BayArena this coming Tuesday for a Champions League fixture with home side Bayer Leverkusen.
Bayer Leverkusen have their target aimed at getting one over Atletico Madrid on Tuesday, but the latter are highly motivated of showing their skills in front of the crowd at BayArena.
Position in the Champions League table: Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid
The current Group B standings in the Champions League show us how Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 2 clash on Tuesday.
Latest form and fixture history of Bayer Leverkusen against Atletico Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen opened with a point
Results have been dismal for Bayer Leverkusen in recent weeks and they will be bordering on desperation for a quick turnaround. In their last three matches, Bayer Leverkusen lost 2-3 against Freiburg, 1-0 against Club Bruges and drew 2-2 with Hertha Berlin.
Atletico Madrid delivered blazing premiere
Atletico Madrid will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. Atletico Madrid look well suited to take on any opponent with seven points to show off from three matches. They started off drawing 1-1 with Real Sociedad, before downing first FC Porto by 2-1, then Celta Vigo in a 4-1 win.
Fixture history: Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid
The last time the pair played each other, Bayer Leverkusen came away as 2-1 winners in the Champions League, back in November 2019. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Atletico Madrid will get you odds 2.55, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 39% chance of beating Bayer Leverkusen. You can get a price of 2.62, should you wish to add Bayer Leverkusen to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Bayer Leverkusen have lost 6 of the last 7 matches
- Bayer Leverkusen have conceded in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Bayer Leverkusen have conceded in 9 of the last 11 home matches
- Bayer Leverkusen have lost the last 3 home matches in a row
- Bayer Leverkusen have not won 6 of the last 7 matches
- Atletico Madrid have not lost 15 of the last 17 matches
- Atletico Madrid have won 7 of the last 8 away matches
- Atletico Madrid have not lost the last 8 away matches in a row
- Atletico Madrid have won 8 of the last 10 matches
- Atletico Madrid have scored in 12 of the last 13 matches
- In the last 3 Bayer Leverkusen matches versus Atletico Madrid the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Bayer Leverkusen have not won 4 of the last 5 matches versus Atletico Madrid
- Bayer Leverkusen have scored in the last 3 home matches in a row versus Atletico Madrid
- Bayer Leverkusen have conceded in 4 of the last 5 matches versus Atletico Madrid
As the new Champions League campaign has recently started, we are still a bit in the dark, as to which striker will dominate the top scorer table for Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid this season. However, there might be some interesting prospects, when looking at the list of players who are in the best form at the moment.
Best tips for the match: Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.