Ace Football previews the La Liga round 6 match between Barcelona and Elche and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
The fun end of the table meets the lower end of the La Liga, when Barcelona face off against Elche. It is a match that offers both sides the opportunity to either consolidate or improve their position in La Liga.
With both Barcelona and Elche coming off disappointing defeats in their previous outing, we could be in for a cautious battle. Both will be eager to get back to winning ways sooner rather than later.
Position in the La Liga standings: Barcelona vs Elche
The current standings in the La Liga show us how Barcelona and Elche have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 6 clash on Saturday.
Current form and fixture history of Barcelona vs Elche
Barcelona to pick up the pieces
In their last three matches, Barcelona beat Viktoria Plzen by 5-1 and Cadiz by 0-4, before losing against Bayern München by 2-0.
Elche extend loosing run
The mood around Elche is pretty low right now as a win has proven hard to come by in recent weeks. Elche were unable to pick up a single point in their last three matches, as they were first beaten 0-1 by Real Sociedad. Next up, Villarreal won 4-0, before losing 1-4 against Athletic Bilbao.
Latest games between Barcelona and Elche
The last time the pair played each other, Barcelona came away as 2-1 winners in La Liga, back in March 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Elche will get you odds 26.00, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 4% chance of beating Barcelona. You can get a price of 1.08, should you wish to add Barcelona to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last time Barcelona and Elche met:
Betting stats and facts for Barcelona and Elche
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Barcelona and Elche. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Barcelona have not lost the last 14 matches in a row
- Barcelona have scored in 13 of the last 14 matches
- Barcelona have won 7 of the last 9 matches
- Barcelona have not lost 8 of the last 9 home matches
- Barcelona have scored in 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Elche have conceded in 15 of the last 17 matches
- Elche have lost 6 of the last 7 away matches
- Elche have not won 7 of the last 8 matches
- Elche have lost 6 of the last 8 matches
- Elche have not won 6 of the last 7 away matches
- Barcelona have won the last 6 matches versus Elche in a row
- Barcelona have not lost the last 8 matches versus Elche in a row
- Barcelona have won the last 4 home matches versus Elche in a row
- In the last 4 Barcelona home matches versus Elche the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 5 of the last 6 Barcelona matches versus Elche the sum of goals was over 2.5
Robert Lewandowski has been the most prolific scorer for the home team recently. Surely, Barcelona will be relying on him to once again shine in their upcoming match. Meanwhile, Elche will be looking to Kike Perez in the hope that he will add more goals to his current total of two goals in his last 6 games.
Best tips for the match: Barcelona vs Elche
To sum up, the upcoming La Liga clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.