Ace Football previews the Champions League clash between Barcelona and Bayern Munich and offers team news, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
Barcelona go up against Bayern Munich at Spotify Camp Nou on Wednesday in the Champions League round 5 clash. Although only separated by a few points, Bayern Munich will have their work cut out for them in Catalonia, as Xavi Hernandez’s side chase a badly-need win at home.
Position in the Champions League standings: Barcelona vs Bayern Munich
The current standings in Group C show us how Barcelona and Bayern Munich have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 5 clash this coming Wednesday.
Barcelona vs Bayern Munich – Fixture History
Barcelona looking for more
Formwise, Barcelona have been decent. In the previous three matches, Xavi Hernandez’s side lost 3-1 against Real Madrid, beat Villarreal by 3-0, and won 4-0 against Athletic Bilbao.
Bayern Munich can build on recent win
Bayern Munich look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting off against Freiburg, who were defeated 5-0. Then, Augsburg got outclassed in a 2-5 win, before the Bavarians took down Hoffenheim 0-2.
Fixture history: Barcelona vs Bayern Munich
Bayern Munich not only managed to beat Barcelona in their last two meetings in the Champions League. They also kept a clean sheet on the way winning 2-0 in September 2022 and 3-0 in December 2021. Perhaps something worth considering before settling on your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Highlights from the last game between Barcelona and Bayern Munich:
Barcelona vs Bayern Munich Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Barcelona and Bayern Munich. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Barcelona have not lost 18 of the last 20 matches
- Barcelona have not lost 11 of the last 12 home matches
- Barcelona have scored in 10 of the last 12 matches
- Barcelona have scored in 10 of the last 12 home matches
- Barcelona have won 4 of the last 5 home matches
- Bayern Munich have scored in 24 of the last 26 away matches
- Bayern Munich have scored in 22 of the last 24 matches
- Bayern Munich have not lost 17 of the last 19 matches
- Bayern Munich have not lost 10 of the last 11 away matches
- Bayern Munich have won 3 of the last 4 matches
- Barcelona have lost 7 of the last 8 matches versus Bayern Munich
- In 7 of the last 8 Barcelona matches versus Bayern Munich the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 5 Barcelona home matches versus Bayern Munich the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Barcelona have not won 8 of the last 9 matches versus Bayern Munich
- Barcelona have conceded in 8 of the last 9 matches versus Bayern Munich
Players to focus on in Barcelona vs Bayern Munich
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Robert Lewandowski. He is one of the players from Barcelona who are in their best form. He managed to find the back of the net 5 times in his last 6 games, and will surely want to add some more goals against Bayern Munich.
The visitors will be looking to an in-form Leroy Sane to find the net once again, as he has been one of their main men recently. The German has bagged 4 goals for Bayern Munich in their last 6 matches.
Match predictions: Barcelona vs Bayern Munich
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this Champions League match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.