Are you ready for the Ballon d’Or 2022? Check out all the details here to watch the ceremony for free, find out when it starts, and the list of nominees for the big prize.
Seven prizes are up for grabs in the men’s and women’s editions for the 66th Ballon d’Or award ceremony.
As all 30 nominees are confirmed, it’s time to get the ball rolling! Who will take home the biggest individual honor in world football? Who will come second, third…or last in the rankings? We’ll know tonight when France Football finally lets the cat out of the bag.
Until then, keep reading to learn more about the 2022 Ballon d’Or, how to watch a live stream for FREE, see the final shortlist, and the current favorites for the award.
Trust us, you don’t want to miss a moment of the action!
When does the 2022 Ballon d’Or ceremony start?
The Ballon d’Or ceremony will take place at the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris on Monday, October 17 with a start time of 20:30 (CET) in central European time.
Ballon d’Or live stream: How can I watch the ceremony?
If you want to watch the Ballon d’Or Award ceremony online for free, L’Equipe will stream the event on its YouTube channel and website.
Seven awards are up for grabs
You read that right, France Football will hand out seven awards for the 2022 Ballon d’Or ceremony in Paris on Monday in:
- Two Ballon d’Or prizes (Player of the Year – Men’s and Women’s editions)
- Kopa Trophy (Best U-21 men’s player)
- Yashin Trophy (Best men’s goalkeeper)
- Gerd Muller Trophy (The top goalscorer for club and country combined)
- Socrates Award (New award – Recognizes player solidarity acts)
- Club of the Year (The best club of the past year)
Who is the favorite to win the 2022 Ballon d’Or?
The favorite to win the 2022 Ballon d’Or is Karim Benzema. The French striker was in phenomenal form in 2021/22, managing 44 goals and 15 assists in 46 appearances across all competitions. He was instrumental in Real Madrid’s La Liga and Champions League successes, and he has picked up where he left off this season, scoring five goals for Los Blancos so far.
Check out our final power rankings for the 2022 Ballon d’Or here.
Who are the nominees for the 2022 Ballon d’Or?
The 30 nominees for the 2022 Ballon d’Or were revealed in August, and they are as follows:
- Thibaut Courtois – Real Madrid
- Rafael Leao – AC Milan
- Christopher Nkunku – RB Leipzig
- Mohamed Salah – Liverpool
- Joshua Kimmich – Bayern Munich
- Trent Alexander-Arnold – Liverpool
- Vinicius Junior – Real Madrid
- Bernardo Silva – Manchester City
- Luis Diaz – Liverpool/Porto
- Robert Lewandowski – Bayern Munich/Barcelona
- Riyad Mahrez – Manchester City
- Casemiro – Real Madrid/Manchester United
- Son Heung-min – Tottenham Hotspur
- Fabinho – Liverpool
- Karim Benzema – Real Madrid
- Mike Maignan – AC Milan
- Harry Kane – Tottenham Hotspur
- Darwin Nunez – Liverpool/Benfica
- Phil Foden – Manchester City
- Sadio Mane – Bayern Munich/Liverpool
- Sebastien Haller – Ajax/Borussia Dortmund
- Luka Modric – Real Madrid
- Antonio Rudiger – Chelsea/Real Madrid
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Manchester United
- Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City
- Dusan Vlahovic – Fiorentina/Juventus
- Virgil van Dijk – Liverpool
- Joao Cancelo – Manchester City
- Kylian Mbappe – Paris Saint-Germain
- Erling Haaland – Borussia Dortmund/Manchester City