Ace Football Team previews the Eredivisie round 32 match between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax who meet up on Sunday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Position in the Eredivisie table: AZ Alkmaar vs Ajax
Looking at the Eredivisie standings right now, the difference between these opponents is 19 points. AZ Alkmaar cannot squeeze past Ajax in the standings anytime soon, but will be eager to reduce or at least maintain the current gap. Ajax, number one on 78 points, will do their part to widen the distance to their upcoming opponents this coming Sunday.
Current form and previous Eredivisie encounters between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax
AZ Alkmaar hope to boost points tally
AZ Alkmaar have seen it all in their last 3 matches, which brought home 4 points. Against PEC Zwolle, they came out empty-handed in a 2-1 defeat, whereafter they avenged themselves in a 2-1 win against SC Heerenveen. Their latest match saw them sharing the spoils in a 1-1 draw against Sparta Rotterdam.
Ajax in fine form
Ajax look back on their last 3 matches with 6 points to show for their efforts. Against PSV Eindhoven, they were left empty-handed in a 2-1 defeat, but they avenged themselves by beating Nijmegen in a 0-1 win. They followed that up with a 3-0 win against PEC Zwolle in their most recent outing.
Latest games between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax
Ajax got knocked out when AZ Alkmaar took a 2-1 win in their latest Eredivisie encounter. It served as payback for the 2-0 defeat, Ajax handed out in the reverse match.
Highlights from the last match between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax:
Betting stats and facts for AZ Alkmaar and Ajax
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on stats from the last couple of games that AZ Alkmaar and Ajax played across all tournaments.
- In 11 of the last 13 matches AZ Alkmaar played, both teams scored
- AZ Alkmaar have conceded in the last 13 matches in a row
- AZ Alkmaar have not lost 18 of the last 20 home matches
- In the last 3 home matches in a row AZ Alkmaar played, both teams scored
- Ajax have not lost 38 of the last 40 away matches
- Ajax have scored in 44 of the last 46 away matches
- Ajax have won 8 of the last 10 matches
- AZ Alkmaar have scored in 15 of the last 17 home matches versus Ajax
- In 8 of the last 9 AZ Alkmaar matches versus Ajax the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 9 AZ Alkmaar home matches versus Ajax the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 4 AZ Alkmaar home matches versus Ajax the sum of goals was under 3.5
Players to watch in AZ Alkmaar vs Ajax
It is difficult to look past Dusan Tadic, when searching for a goalscorer. He seems unstoppable and hit the target 4 times in the last 6 matches for Ajax. His season total reads 13 goals scored in Eredivisie matches right now.
With 3 goals in his last 6 matches for AZ Alkmaar, Evangelos Pavlidis is the player to look out for, as he will be gunning for more Eredivisie goals on Sunday.
Best tips for the match: AZ Alkmaar vs Ajax
To sum up, the upcoming match between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.