Our betting experts preview the Eredivisie match between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
League leaders Ajax look to widen the gap on AZ Alkmaar when they go up against each other on Sunday.
AZ Alkmaar will relish the chance to spring a surprise, while Ajax will be eager to prevent that as they look to hold on to their slender two-point lead at the top of the league standings.
Position in the Eredivisie standings: AZ Alkmaar vs Ajax
The current standings in the Eredivisie show us how AZ Alkmaar and Ajax have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 7 clash on Sunday.
Current form and fixture history of AZ Alkmaar vs Ajax
AZ Alkmaar in nice flow
AZ Alkmaar will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. AZ Alkmaar look good before their upcoming match, in which they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last three matches, they first beat SC Dnipro-1 by 0-1, before drawing 1-1 with Twente. They were back as winners last time out, when they took out FC Vaduz 4-1.
Ajax mean business
In the last three matches, Ajax beat Rangers 4-0, won 5-0 against SC Heerenveen, and lost 2-1 against Liverpool.
Latest encounters between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax
The last match between AZ and Ajax ended in a 2-2 draw at the AFAS Stadion on May 2022.
Highlights from the last match between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax:
AZ Alkmaar vs Ajax Stats
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between AZ Alkmaar and Ajax. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- AZ Alkmaar have scored in 29 of the last 31 matches
- AZ Alkmaar have scored in the last 16 home matches in a row
- AZ Alkmaar have not lost the last 11 home matches in a row
- AZ Alkmaar have not lost the last 10 matches in a row
- AZ Alkmaar have won 8 of the last 10 matches
- Ajax have scored in 46 of the last 47 away matches
- Ajax have scored in 45 of the last 46 matches
- Ajax have not lost 18 of the last 20 matches
- Ajax have won the last 7 matches in a row
- Ajax have not lost 12 of the last 14 away matches
- AZ Alkmaar have scored in 16 of the last 18 home matches versus Ajax
- In 8 of the last 10 AZ Alkmaar home matches versus Ajax the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 8 of the last 10 AZ Alkmaar matches versus Ajax the sum of goals was under 3.5
- AZ Alkmaar have conceded in 9 of the last 11 home matches versus Ajax
- In 16 of the last 18 AZ Alkmaar home matches versus Ajax the sum of goals was over 1.5
Jens Odgaard has been the most prolific scorer for the home team recently. Surely, AZ Alkmaar will be relying on him to once again shine in their upcoming match. Meanwhile, Ajax will be looking to Mohammed Kudus in the hope that he will add more goals to his current total of five goals in his last 6 games.
AZ Alkmaar vs Ajax Match predictions
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this Eredivisie match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.