Get ready for some top-notch European Championship action in the game between Austria and Azerbaijan. Our seasoned betting experts have got you covered with valuable insights into team stats, expert betting tips, and the hottest odds.
The spotlight is on both Austria and Azerbaijan, as the European Championship rivals begin their Group F qualifying campaign. They face each other this Friday at Raiffeisen-Arena.
Austria vs Azerbaijan Preview
In the previous three matches, Austria lost 1-3 against Croatia, beat Andorra by 0-1, and won 2-0 against Italy. The Austrians have been in potent form at Raiffeisen-Arena, winning no less than five of the past six European Championship matches here. They also hammered in 15 goals, while letting in four as they also lost once.
Azerbaijan look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting off against Kazakhstan, who were defeated by 3-0. Then, Moldova got outclassed in a 1-2 win, before beating North Macedonia by 1-3. Azerbaijan didn’t manage a single away win in their last six European Championship matches, but managed one draw, suffering five defeats. They conceded 11 and scored four goals themselves.
Austria vs Azerbaijan Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Austria and Azerbaijan. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Austria have conceded in 16 of the last 18 home matches
- In 6 of the last 7 home matches Austria played, both teams scored
- In 7 of the last 8 Austria matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Austria have scored in the last 7 home matches in a row
- Austria have scored in 10 of the last 12 matches
- In 18 of the last 20 Azerbaijan away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Azerbaijan have won the last 5 matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Azerbaijan have conceded in 13 of the last 14 away matches
- In 9 of the last 10 Azerbaijan matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Azerbaijan have lost the last 3 away matches in a row and both teams scored at the same time
Austria vs Azerbaijan Betting Tips
Austria won four of the previous 10 home matches across all tournaments, drawing three and losing three as well. Azerbaijan won three from a possible 10 away from home, as they also drew two and lost five in this run.
Both teams to score
Austria scored the first goal of the match in four games from a possible ten. Curiously, Azerbaijan only scored the opening goal of the match in three of the last ten away games. Austria managed three wins without conceding a goal in their previous 10 matches across all tournaments.
Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in five of Austria’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 1.2 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of the last ten outings for Azerbaijan, who managed to score 1.2 times in those matches.
Match predictions: Austria vs Azerbaijan
To sum up, the upcoming match between Austria and Azerbaijan seems to be a good betting opportunity.