Ace Football previews the La Liga game between Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid who meet up this coming Sunday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Atletico Madrid welcome Real Madrid for a clash in the La Liga at Civitas Metropolitano this coming Sunday.
Real Madrid will be looking to increase the gap on Atletico Madrid after their La Liga clash on Sunday. However, the hosts will be eager to prevent that as they will surely want to keep their upcoming opponent close.
Current table in the La Liga
The current standings in La Liga show us how Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 6 clash on Sunday.
Latest form and previous La Liga encounter between Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid
Atletico Madrid looking for more
Atletico Madrid are looking to bounce back from a recent setback and get back to winning ways. In their last three matches, they first took out FC Porto by 2-1, before beating Celta Vigo by 4-1. The winning streak came to an end against Bayer Leverkusen, who ran out 2-0 winners.
Atletico Madrid hoping to bounce back
Real Madrid look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting off against Celtic, who were defeated by 0-3. Then, Mallorca got outclassed in a 4-1 won, before beating RB Leipzig by 2-0.
Latest games between Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Atletico Madrid came away as 1-0 winners. It was a match played at Estadio Wanda Metropolitano back in May 2022 in the La Liga. This time round, betting on Real Madrid will get you odds 2.25, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 44% chance of beating Atletico Madrid. You can get a price of 3.25, should you wish to add Atletico Madrid to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid Stats
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Atletico Madrid have not lost 16 of the last 18 matches
- Atletico Madrid have not lost 14 of the last 16 home matches
- Atletico Madrid have won 9 of the last 11 matches
- Atletico Madrid have scored in 13 of the last 14 matches
- In the last 3 matches in a row Atletico Madrid played, both teams scored
- Real Madrid have won the last 8 matches in a row
- Real Madrid have not lost 15 of the last 17 matches
- Real Madrid have not lost 12 of the last 14 away matches
- Real Madrid have scored in 13 of the last 14 away matches
- Real Madrid have won the last 5 away matches in a row
- Atletico Madrid have not won 19 of the last 21 home matches versus Real Madrid
- In 12 of the last 14 Atletico Madrid matches versus Real Madrid the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 13 of the last 14 Atletico Madrid matches versus Real Madrid the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Atletico Madrid have not won 11 of the last 12 matches versus Real Madrid
- In 6 of the last 7 Atletico Madrid home matches versus Real Madrid the sum of goals was under 3.5
Players to zoom in on in Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid
The standings of the top-scoring players in the last 6 matches in La Liga show that Atletico Madrid might be relying on in-form Antoine Griezmann when it comes to scoring in the upcoming match. On the other side, Vinicius Junior has been one of the decisive players from Real Madrid recently. Both players are expected to be dangerous and difficult to stop on Sunday.
Match predictions: Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this La Liga match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.