Our betting experts preview the La Liga match between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona and offer team stats, betting tips, and the latest odds.
League leaders Barcelona look to widen the gap on Atletico Madrid when they go up against each other this coming Sunday. Although Atletico Madrid trail after Barcelona by double digits, beating the league leaders in La Liga still holds a lot of prestige.
Position in the La Liga standings: Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona
The current standings in La Liga show us how Atletico Madrid and Barcelona have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 16 clash on Sunday.
Current form and previous La Liga encounter between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona
Atletico Madrid are looking formidable
Atletico Madrid swept all aside in their last three matches and started off by winning 1-3 against CD Arenteiro. They went on to defeat Elche 2-0 and made it three on the spin against Real Oviedo in a 0-2 victory.
Barcelona hoping for a fresh start
Barcelona go into this encounter hoping to turn a page, as performances in recent matches have been pretty scrappy. In their previous three outings, Xavi Hernandez’s side won 1-2 against Osasuna, and drew 1-1 with Espanyol, before edging CF Intercity in a 4-3 Copa del Rey contest.
Latest encounters between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Barcelona came away as 4-2 winners. It was a match played at Camp Nou back in February 2022 in La Liga. This time round, betting on Barcelona will get you odds 2.30, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 43% chance of beating Atletico Madrid. You can get a price of 3.10, should you wish to add Atletico Madrid to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Atletico Madrid have not lost 18 of the last 20 home matches
- In 7 of the last 9 home matches Atletico Madrid played, both teams scored
- Atletico Madrid have won the last 4 matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Atletico Madrid have scored in 11 of the last 12 matches
- Atletico Madrid have won the last 4 matches in a row
- Barcelona have scored in 13 of the last 15 away matches
- Barcelona have scored in 12 of the last 14 matches
- Barcelona have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- Barcelona have won 6 of the last 8 matches
- Barcelona have won the last 3 away matches in a row
- In the last 13 Atletico Madrid home matches versus Barcelona the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Atletico Madrid have not won 22 of the last 24 matches versus Barcelona
- In 13 of the last 15 Atletico Madrid matches versus Barcelona the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 8 of the last 10 Atletico Madrid matches versus Barcelona the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 5 Atletico Madrid home matches versus Barcelona the sum of goals was under 2.5
Players to zoom in on in Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona
Joao Felix has been hitting the target on a regular basis in recent matches. Atletico Madrid will no doubt look to him for more goals in their next match against Barcelona. The visitors are surely hoping Ousmane Dembele adds another to his current total.
Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona Match predictions
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.