Ace Football Team previews the Premier League round 8 match between Aston Villa and Southampton who meet up this coming Friday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Southampton will visit Villa Park on Friday for a Premier League fixture with home side Aston Villa.
Aston Villa took down Southampton in their most recent meeting, and bookmakers deem another win for the home side a likely scenario this coming Friday.
Position in the Premier League table: Aston Villa vs Southampton
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Aston Villa and Southampton have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 8 clash on Friday.
Latest form and previous Premier League encounters between Aston Villa and Southampton
Southampton look poor on the road
Aston Villa will enter the match hoping to see the back of some rather disappointing results in recent matches. In their last three matches, Aston Villa lost 0-1 against West Ham, 2-1 against Arsenal and drew 1-1 with Manchester City.
Southampton in nice flow
Southampton will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. It is all or nothing with Southampton, who only triumphed once in their previous three outings. They were defeated 0-1 against Manchester United, before beating Chelsea 2-1. Unable to build on that, they lost 1-0 against Wolverhampton.
Fixture history: Aston Villa vs Southampton
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Aston Villa came away as 4-0 winners. It was a match played at Villa Park back in March 2022 in the Premier League. This time round, betting on Southampton will get you odds 3.50, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 29% chance of beating Aston Villa. You can get a price of 2.05, should you wish to add Aston Villa to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last game between Aston Villa and Southampton:
Betting stats and facts for Aston Villa and Southampton
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Aston Villa and Southampton. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Aston Villa have scored in 16 of the last 18 matches
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Aston Villa played, both teams scored
- Aston Villa have conceded in the last 9 matches in a row
- In 5 of the last 7 home matches Aston Villa played, both teams scored
- Aston Villa have scored in 7 of the last 8 home matches
- Southampton have not won 12 of the last 14 away matches
- Southampton have conceded in 8 of the last 9 matches
- Southampton have scored in 7 of the last 9 matches
- In the last 4 Aston Villa home matches versus Southampton the sum of goals was over 3.5
- In the last 4 Aston Villa home matches versus Southampton the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Aston Villa have not won 9 of the last 11 matches versus Southampton
- In 4 of the last 5 home matches Aston Villa versus Southampton played, both teams scored
- Aston Villa have not won 6 of the last 7 home matches versus Southampton
Players to focus on in Aston Villa vs Southampton
When looking at the list of the in-form players from both teams, we see some interesting names popping up. Danny Ings currently stands out for Aston Villa, with Che Adams starring for the visitors. We expect both could be among the goalscorers once again for their respective teams in the upcoming match this coming Friday.
Best tips for the match: Aston Villa vs Southampton
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Aston Villa and Southampton, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.