Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the Premier League round 17 game between Aston Villa and Liverpool and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
Aston Villa welcome Liverpool for a clash in the Premier League at Villa Park on Monday. With 3 defeats in the last 6 matches, the situation at Aston Villa could probably be a lot better. They need to improve their game or prepare for more disappointment as they face Liverpool at home.
Current Premier League standings
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Aston Villa and Liverpool have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 17 clash on Monday.
Latest form and fixture history of Aston Villa against Liverpool
Aston Villa paddling along
Results have been pretty much up to scratch in recent matches for Aston Villa, who have performed more or less according to expectations. Unai Emery’s side beat Manchester United 3-1 in the Premier League, and lost 4-2 to the Red Devils later in the EFL Cup, before defeating Brighton 1-2 back in the league.
Liverpool can build on recent win
Liverpool were able to add four points to their account from their last three matches. The Reds first finished 0-0 against Derby in the EFL Cup, winning 3-2 on penalties, before claiming three points in a 3-1 win against Southampton. Unfortunately for them, this was followed by a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Manchester City.
Latest encounters between Aston Villa and Liverpool
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Liverpool came away as 1-2 winners. It was a match played at Villa Park back in May 2022 in the Premier League. This time round, betting on Liverpool will get you odds 1.70, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 59% chance of beating Aston Villa. You can get a price of 4.75, should you wish to add Aston Villa to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last time Aston Villa and Liverpool met:
Aston Villa vs Liverpool Stats
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Aston Villa and Liverpool. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- In the last 7 Aston Villa matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Aston Villa home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 4 matches in a row Aston Villa played, both teams scored
- In 5 of the last 6 Aston Villa matches the sum of goals was over 3.5
- Aston Villa have scored in 10 of the last 12 home matches
- Liverpool have scored in 19 of the last 21 matches
- Liverpool have lost the last 3 matches in a row and both teams scored at the same time
- Liverpool have won 8 of the last 10 matches
- Liverpool have won the last 4 matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- In 7 of the last 9 Liverpool away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 17 of the last 19 Aston Villa home matches versus Liverpool the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Aston Villa have not won 17 of the last 19 home matches versus Liverpool
- Aston Villa have lost 7 of the last 8 home matches versus Liverpool while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Aston Villa have conceded in 19 of the last 21 matches versus Liverpool
- Aston Villa have lost 6 of the last 7 matches versus Liverpool while scoring less than 1.5 goals
It is difficult to look past Danny Ings, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target 4 times in his last 6 games for Aston Villa. Mohamed Salah has managed to score 5 times in the last half-dozen matches for Liverpool. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Match predictions: Aston Villa vs Liverpool
To sum up, the upcoming Premier League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.