Ace Football previews the Premier League clash between Arsenal and West Ham and offers team news, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
It is the top against the lower parts of the Premier League table, as Arsenal square up against West Ham for a match on Monday. Following a strong start to the season before the World Cup break, Arsenal hope to carry on where they left off on Boxing Day by taking home bragging rights in this London derby.
Current Premier League standings
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Arsenal and West Ham have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 17 clash on Monday.
Arsenal vs West Ham – Fixture History
Arsenal chasing a second straight win
Arsenal added two wins to their account in their three most recent outings, as they beat Chelsea by 0-1. Their next match left them empty-handed in a 1-3 defeat against Brighton in the EFL Cup, followed up by a 0-2 win against Wolverhampton.
West Ham have been in dismal form
Results have been dismal for West Ham in recent weeks and they will be bordering on desperation for a quick turnaround. The Hammers have nothing to show from their past three games, which kicked off with a 1-2 defeat against Crystal Palace. A penalty shootout defeat followed against Blackburn in the EFL Cup after finishing 2-2. Leicester City then beat them 0-2 in their last league outing.
Latest encounters between Arsenal and West Ham
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Arsenal came away as 1-2 winners. It was a match played at London Stadium back in May 2022 in the Premier League. This time round, betting on West Ham will get you odds 6.50, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 15% chance of three points. You can get a price of 1.53, should you wish to add Arsenal to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last game between Arsenal and West Ham:
Betting stats and facts for Arsenal and West Ham
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Arsenal and West Ham. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Arsenal have won 14 of the last 15 home matches
- Arsenal have scored in 26 of the last 27 matches
- Arsenal have scored in the last 16 home matches in a row
- In 14 of the last 16 Arsenal home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Arsenal have not lost 14 of the last 15 home matches
- In 12 of the last 14 West Ham away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 11 West Ham matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 4 of the last 5 West Ham matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 5 of the last 7 West Ham away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- West Ham have conceded in 7 of the last 9 away matches
- Arsenal have not lost 26 of the last 28 matches versus West Ham
- Arsenal have won 11 of the last 12 home matches versus West Ham
- Arsenal have not lost 13 of the last 14 home matches versus West Ham
- Arsenal have won 8 of the last 10 home matches versus West Ham while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Arsenal have scored in 11 of the last 12 home matches versus West Ham
It is difficult to look past Martin Odegaard, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target 3 times in his last 6 games for the Gunners. Said Benrahma has managed to score 3 times in the last half dozen matches for West Ham. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Best betting tips: Arsenal vs West Ham
To sum up, the upcoming Premier League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.