Ace Football previews the Premier League match between Arsenal and Everton and offers betting tips, odds, line-ups, and team news.
Eighth meets ninth as Everton take a trip to the Emirates Stadium on Friday night to face Arsenal in a Premier League match.
The inconsistent Gunners have underperformed this season. With 12 defeats already, they sit down in ninth-place in the Premier League and three points behind eighth-placed Everton, who have a game in hand.
Despite home advantage, Arsenal haven’t always been at their best at the Emirates this season. That, along with the absence of key attackers, could cause problems against Everton, who have excelled on the road.
Arsenal Form & Stats
After an impressive 4-0 Europa League win over Slavia Prague, Arsenal settled for a 1-1 home draw with Fulham last weekend. It was yet another example of how inconsistency has dogged them all season.
With only a handful of Premier League games left, along with the fallout from the European Super League, the pressure to deliver is on.
Arsenal’s home form, however, is a concern. Aside from a four-match winless run (D2 L2), the Gunners only have three clean sheets in the Premier League. They’ve also conceded the first goal in each of their last four league games at the Emirates.
Gabriel Martinelli, meanwhile, has impressed since recovering from injury. The 19-year-old, who recently scored at Sheffield United, was arguably Arsenal’s most dangerous frontman against Fulham. And with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette out, the teenager could be key for Friday.
Key Team Stats
- Winless in their last 4 home games in all competitions (W2 D2).
- First half has ended goalless in each of their last 4 home games in all competitions.
- Lost only 2 of their last 12 games in all competitions (W6 D4).
- Unbeaten in their last 24 home league games against Everton (W20 D4).
- Unbeaten in their last 9 league games played on Fridays (W7 D2).
- Kept 3 clean sheets in 16 home league games this season.
- Under 3.5 cards in each of their last 5 league games.
Everton Form & Stats
A 2-2 draw with Tottenham last week extended Everton’s winless run to five Premier League matches (D3 L2). It also left them five points behind in the top-four race, albeit with a game in hand.
But while the performance against Spurs was an improvement, defensive errors arguably cost them a victory. They now head to London seeking a first win at Arsenal’s home ground since 1996 (D4 L20).
But Carlo Ancelotti’s men can take heart from a 2-1 win over the Gunners in December at Goodison Park and the returns of Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Yerry Mina, Bernard, Fabian Delph, and Andre Gomes.
Key Team Stats
- On a 5-match winless run in the league (D3 L2).
- Drawn their last 3 league games.
- Unbeaten in 10 of their last 11 away league games (W7 D3).
- Under 2.5 goals in each of their last 4 away league games.
- First half booking inside 30 minutes in 8 of their last 10 games against Arsenal.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has had 5 goal involvements in his last 7 league games (3 goals, 2 assists).
Out: David Luiz, Alexandre Lacazette, Kieran Tierney, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Doubts: Martin Odegaard.
Out: Abdoulaye Doucoure, Jean-Philippe Gbamin.
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
Top Scorers in Premier League
Below are some head-to-head stats on each team’s recent form in the Premier League.