Ace Football previews the Eredivisie game between Ajax and Vitesse who meet up this coming Wednesday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Struggling Vitesse are most likely in for a tough assignment when going up against Ajax at the Johan Cruijff ArenA. With a string of mediocre performances, at best, it would be astounding to see the former take any point here. Both Ajax and Vitesse came through their most recent matches empty-handed and will be eager to avoid getting defeated once again. Who’ll draw first blood at Johan Cruijff ArenA? We’ll find out on Wednesday.
Position in the Eredivisie table: Ajax vs Vitesse
The current standings in the Eredivisie show us how Ajax and Vitesse have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 12 clash on Wednesday.
Ajax vs Vitesse – Fixture History
Ajax hope to boost points tally
Ajax have lost two of their last three matches, as they went down 3-0 in a meeting with Liverpool. They replied by beating Rangers 1-3, before losing again, this time 2-1 against PSV Eindhoven.
Trouble looms for Vitesse
Vitesse won twice in their last three matches as Cambuur were defeated by 0-3 before they beat FC Emmen 2-1. Sparta Rotterdam proved too strong, though, and a 0-4 defeat followed.
Latest encounters between Ajax and Vitesse
The last match between Ajax and Vitesse ended in a 2-2 draw in the Eredivisie back in May 2022.
Highlights from the last match between Ajax and Vitesse:
Ajax vs Vitesse Stats
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Ajax and Vitesse. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Ajax have scored in 55 of the last 57 matches
- Ajax have scored in 26 of the last 28 home matches
- In 10 of the last 11 matches Ajax played, both teams scored
- Ajax have conceded in the last 11 matches in a row
- In 4 of the last 5 home matches Ajax played, both teams scored
- Vitesse have conceded in 15 of the last 17 matches
- Vitesse have not won 9 of the last 11 away matches
- Vitesse have not won 6 of the last 8 matches
- Vitesse have lost 3 of the last 4 away matches
- Vitesse have conceded in 6 of the last 8 away matches
- Ajax have scored in the last 13 matches in a row versus Vitesse
- In the last 9 Ajax matches versus Vitesse the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Ajax have scored in 20 of the last 22 home matches versus Vitesse
- In 7 of the last 8 Ajax matches versus Vitesse the sum of goals was over 3.5
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Ajax versus Vitesse played, both teams scored
Players to watch in Ajax vs Vitesse
It is difficult to look past Brian Brobbey, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target 4 times in his last 6 games for Ajax. Bartosz Bialek has managed to score 2 times in the last half-dozen matches for Vitesse. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Ajax vs Vitesse Match predictions
To sum up, the upcoming Eredivisie clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.